Creative Writing with Dustin 101

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grandparents (Got to love them)

Have you ever had a best friend? Well I have... My best friend in the entire world was my Grandpa Taylor. On July 15, 2008 I lost a Grandpa, mentor, example and friend. Seeing him leave this world and leaving his sweetheart behind was very hard for all of my family. To this day my Grandmother still lives. Its almost heart breaking to see how much she misses him. For the past two days, my sweet grandmother has been staying with us. Last night I came to the reality of how much she really misses him. I walked up stairs to grab a bite to eat right before bed, as I passed the room my grandmother was staying in I heard her talking. Without her knowing I quietly put my ear up to the door and just listened to her talk. (In the beginning I thought she was talking to herself.) But in reality she was talking to the one who means the most to her. MY GRANDFATHER. She kept speaking as if he was laying right next to her. Tears filled my eyes and for the first time I really understood what loving someone fully meant. She LOVES him!! I look up to my grandmother in many ways. But one thing she taught me, and one thing she is the perfect example of is love. And how to keep enduring to the end. And for that example that she has always set for me, I will be forever grateful!

I love you Grandma, and I know that Grandpa loves you too! Never forget that he is always here for you and that he is watching over his sweetheart everyday!  I love you!

-Dustin

5 comments:

  1. This is really nice. Whenever I think of old people in love I think of the movie/book The Notebook. Thanks for sharing such a personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, I know excatly what you mean. My grandpa died too, and i can tell how much my grandma misses him. Way to look on the postive side of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for your loss man i know how you feel when my grandpa died my grandma was so sad and its really humbling to see how much they loved each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I needed to hear that story today, reminds us all of why we are here and what is the most important thing!
    Give grandma a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandma sounds like an amazing person! You are really lucky to have such an example in your life. I even got teary eyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete