Creative Writing with Dustin 101

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alone.....

Have you ever felt alone? I know that I have. I don't usually feel alone but for reasons I will explain later, I feel as if I am on a stranded island of mixed emotions. Have you ever had a best friend? Someone that is so close to you that they know what your thinking even before you do? Someone so close that you can go to them with anything and they will still accept you? In a way, that friend is a personal Savior to you when no one else is there. Well my best friend in the entire world, (David Tuttle) leaves on his mission tomorrow.. I know I sound like a girl when I say this but I'm going to cry.... I really am... I get emotional just thinking about it right now.... He is very unique in the way that he is exactly like me, but only a few years older. We met my sophomore year through his girlfriend at the time. (Stephanie King) We have been best friends ever since.
Sometimes I wish people knew me better... I am perceived to be a baseball player who thinks he is all that... But that's not me at all. I wish that people really knew me like David does. I wish people knew I was someone who loves to just sit and talk and laugh and get into deep conversations. Someone who is really competitive. I wish that people knew that I care deeply about my friends and hold their well being in front of my own... Like  said earlier, I am really feeling alone.. My parents don't see it because I hold back the tears or put on a face of happiness sometimes. I put on a face at school like everything is okay, but in reality I am alone, and struggling.... My best friend in the whole world, one of the saviors in my life is leaving for two years. And I am here... I know what he is doing is right so don't get me wrong when I am sulking in my own self pity, I still know what he is doing is the right thing... But here I am reaching out, all alone hoping that someone will take a chance on a kid. Just to reach out and be a savior to a kid who feels alone...

-Dustin

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. Just keep holding strong, things will get better, I promise.

    ReplyDelete