Creative Writing with Dustin 101

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2nd Best

Its kind of funny when the thing that means the most to you doesn't care anymore. It doesn't matter how hard you try... It doesn't matter how patient you are, or how much you are willing to put on the line... It doesn't matter! You can put your whole heart and soul into one thing and get nothing in return. I dunno what I'm doing here anymore.... Maybe I'm waiting to be that guy at night she can call and release all her frustrations to... Or when something happens... the first person she calls in excitement... I'm sick of sitting here waiting for that one person to knock on my door and say... hey... I'm here.

Have you ever run a race that no matter what happens... No matter how hard you train, no matter how much blood, sweat, and tears you shed...at the end of the day there was no chance of you ever actually winning the race? Always being 2nd best...

Well...
That's how I feel. 2nd best. You want the truth of whats going on in my messed up brain. Here it is... I'll keep running... I care. Why wouldn't I keep running? But after a while of always coming in second place... I'm going to need to stop running the race and find my own one. One that will eventually lead me to my number one.

 So make up your mind. Am I going to be your number one or am I just 2nd best.

No comments:

Post a Comment